Saturday, August 17, 2013

Can you just pretend to give a sh*t?

               Listen, if you really don't care to call me and tell me a horrible story or talk about your day or even ask me a question of what's going on, can you please text like you give a shit.   Me reading your shitty texts of misspelled words and unnecessary punctuation marks is a drag considering the text is one of the lowest forms of communication created.  I'm sick of deciphering modern day hieroglyphics to the point I just copy and resend back.

                             People used to write letters not too long ago and when you received one you were happy that person took the time to go to the store, buy paper and pens, sit down, write their thoughts, seal it and send it.  You felt good, the consideration and effort that person went through just to wait a week if you replied.  Why do only prisoners still enjoy that past time?  Then the telephone was invented, not as special as the letter, but it brought people together quicker incase of emergency.  Then came the invention of computers and emails, and that's when everything started going to shit.  And so this new half-ass language emerged and was created to express our wants and needs, our moods and thoughts, our ability to write or type or text as little as possible in order to get our point across.

                           This bullshit where people type things like "smh", "lmao", "stfu", (etc.) and the emoticon pictures to express how we feel, makes me sick.  I think, what a non-caring jackass.  If you can't even stand the sound of my voice for 2 minutes, at least show me the respect of complete words.  Instead I get this "when r u soon troops comedy club" followed by "not soon, doin".  Look you're already saving time by having a conversation that I can't interrupt.  You're already cutting out the whole importance of my time because half the stuff I get could have waited until I saw you again in life.  Jesus, can you just pretend to give a shit.

                             And if I hear another idiot talking in that language, I'm going to fucking lose my shit.  No self respecting person sees something amazing or horrific and says OMG.  You sound like a jerk.  Stop being an asshole.

www.gacomic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment