Sunday, August 25, 2013

Why Do White Girl Teen Idols Always Go Slutty

       ITs a fact that if you want to have longevity in "show business" you have to stay relevant.  I don't think anyone who ever had a hit single or starred in a great TV series or even a great comedy special, just settled after that.  The goal is FOREVER for everybody.  The goal is Pryor, the goal is CHEERS, the goal is Marvin Gaye.  This can be achieved sometimes by reinventing your image or adding another talent to your repertoire.  We've seen this with many stars.  Rappers/Singers who act or actors who produce a pop album.  This new blurring the lines from singer to entertainer is nothing new or even frowned upon considering that the work to put into one is very difficult.  But anyway you can stay relevant is the way to go.

         My topic speaks for itself.  I typed in "twerk" into YouTube (because I'm a scumbag) and what do I find?  Miley Cyrus's music video WE CANT STOP.  This example of a young white girl teen idol gone slutty is pretty awesome.  Now don't get me wrong its ridiculous and her hair cut stinks and she keeps sticking out her tongue for some reason, but the ass shaking isn't bad.  The humping of the bed needs work.  When I saw this I wasn't turned on because ,lets face it, Miley Cyrus is awkward in this video.  She doesn't make me believe her slutyness as much as Christina Aguilera did when she came out with her debut slutty video DIRRTY.  Brittany Spears was even more believable with her crossover skank vids.  They both made you believe that inner slut couldn't wait to come out.  This Miley Cyrus Vid is embarrassing to the trend of "white girl teen idol turned bad girl who doesn't play by anybody's rules anymore".

       Why do white girl teen idols always go slutty?  Why not just come out a skank or stay the same like Kelly Clarkson.  Why stray from the route you were going?  You don't have to be a hoe bag for people to think you're an adult now.  I know people change but, come on, from 0-60 just looks like you have something to prove.  If its a phase then alright, I get it, you were told to be wholesome and told how to wear your hair.  You were told what to say.  Fine.  But really, slut is the first image you go for when you finally get that freedom that success bestows upon you at a certain level.

       Why not go deeper?  Why not take a break and gain some life experience so you can write better songs?  Assuming you write your own songs.  Why not ask your record label you want to go the Alicia Keys route, stuff you can just listen to instead of shaking your ass all the time.  People always want to take the easy road to forever.

       I guess to wrap this bullshit up.  If you're going to go the "I'm a bad girl now and I don't care who knows it" route, just make it believable.  Make me feel like those guilty thoughts I had  of the 15 year old wholesome persona was a fake because your inner "SKANKARELLA" couldn't wait to come out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment