Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Legs Fall Asleep

              Boredom and loss of imagination has given us so many great things in this "wifi generation". The mighty internet of the 21st century is a spectacle of modern boredom at its best.


                      My boredom comes at times when its really important for me to pay attention to my tasks at hand.  How many of us take our phones in the bathroom?  I know I do. I sit there thinking I'm killing two birds with one dump, but in actuality I've gotten bored going to the bathroom?  It hit me the other day, I've become a slave to thinking I'm supposed to be entertained every second of the day.  Even before I sit down, I already have CNN or YouTube ready to surf.  Why do I have to make my "dump time" interesting so much so that my legs fall asleep.  The pins and needles in my legs and the odor of a stagnant pond are both unnecessary, but this void of substance needs fulfillment.

                       I see those commercials, "don't text and drive", and I laugh.  It must suck to kill yourself and the last text is "ROTF". That's irony.  My denial is I don't identify with those people but in fact I am those people.  Even with the responsibility of a half ton carbon fiber and steel killing machine screaming at 80 mph down the highway, I fight the urge to update social networks.  I hate a good stretch of highway or red light because my boredom takes over and then I hear that notification ringtone.  I'm like a junkie fighting the itch of satisfaction received  from one of my dumb friends liking my post.  I know I shouldn't be bored while driving, with lives at stake, but this age of instant communication and -so called- entertainment is hard to kick when for 6 seconds I can watch some girl twerk on Vine.

                      This problem of no imagination and no motivation to create has run rampant throughout society.  People can become rich off boredom.  Talent is a thing for the dinosaurs.  Six seconds is all it takes for stardom.  The amount of disinterest in creating substance is a travesty of epidemic proportions which enables my boredom.  The majority of this world could give a crap about context, as long as you entertain them while using the bathroom or while they wait for their white soy mocha grande.  The over saturation of "entertainment" is boring in itself.

                     I try to stump YouTube because I'm bored with boredom.  I typed "Shark VS German Shepard".  Fifty-two videos popped up.  We could point fingers and say it's society enabling or maybe it's the generation of non-imaginative jerks but lets be honest isn't this blog boring too.

www.gacomic.com      

                    




  

No comments:

Post a Comment